Contributing Writers Needed
We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join Coop.org as writers to share the countless cooperative – or not so cooperative – news going on around the world. The positions available are on a volunteer basis, but you will be able to promote yourself, add link(s) to your site in your profile, gain valuable writing experience, become a leader in the cooperative space and get in on the ground floor with a start-up that has big plans! To apply, please send us an email telling us a bit about yourself, your interest and focus within local, regional, national and/or global cooperation, and the general news stories you are interested in writing about.
The process for getting started:
- Apply here
- We will review your correspondence
- Appropriate candidates will be contacted by a Coop.org administrator
- We will then ask for one article to be written about the cooperative topic of your choice
- If approved, then you become a Contributor (all applicants will be contacted regardless of being approved or not)
Once you are approved, the steps are as follows:
- We will set you up as a Contributor on Coop.org
- You will have a username/password and some back-end control panel access
- Once confirmed, you will be able to post your own articles under your own profile
- This will help you promote yourself!
- We prefer at least two articles per month
- If you can submit one a week, that would be great… more the merrier!
- The articles do not have to be any particular length, but at least a couple of paragraphs would be a likely minimum
- Please include links in the article to sources, etc. as needed (links to other websites are a good thing for SEO/online marketing efforts)
- Of course, always spell-check and proofread for proper grammar, etc.
- Gain article leads and stories from wherever you can
- These can be local, statewide, regional, national or international
We look forward to your application!
~ The Coop.org Founders